View Single Post
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Poland
It will. The one and only last thing we need to overcome is problem with uniform color of anodizing (doesn't apply to colorless - natural alu - anodizing, which, BTW, is also even more resistant than colour one - not a big factor, just a little). After that, we're starting to send to pre-orderers and offer purchase to anyone, in that order. Just keep in mind that it's about 3 days work on machine itself (it need to mill it veeeeery slowly), and then 4-5 days of human work, so it might be a week or two per single unit (depending on how long ano shop does it job). Of course we will circumvent it by doing covers in series (the same procedure applied to, lets say, 10 covers, then another procedure, etc), but one still need to count a week per complete cover.

Far variant, indeed, comes immediately after flat one get ready to be shipped. Or even in parallel - really, making it flat first was just a matter of saving alu on units that failed to anodize properly, until we get the formula/matt surface right.

Also, I'm very glad that there are more people that like mean-looking devices The beauty here is that people liking shiny black devices, will be able to get them. People looking matt devices, too. Rusty devices should be possible. Surface on various levels of finish (have I mentioned that my private one won't be polished at all, still containing all the beautiful tracks from CNC mill?), etc. Everyone (almost) should be able to pick own favorite variant. Even the pink ones

Arien Stokowiec

Be sure to check Open Hardware backcover/body replacement gitorious page!
https://gitorious.org/fremantle-backcover-replacement

The Following User Says Thank You to backcover_press_service For This Useful Post: