View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
My GF disagrees with you . And few others I know in person who still use N900.
Well then I disagree with your GF. No big deal

What about the extra juice withdrawn by kbd leds? Not to say R&D mode can be enabled *when* needed, not permanently. Assuming your USB port is intact.
1) you can disable the blinken lights in /sbin/preinit
2) if your USB breaks *and* you brick it, then you cannot enable R&D anymore

Do you really think we should use a *browser* to do package management? Come on :s
To BROWSE the list, not do "manage". You can "manage" (add/remove/update) using apt-get perfectly OK (or do you use some kind "app store" in Linux?! - exactly).

If peterleinchen wants "to have a GUI for looking through" he can use the web browser, or apt-cache. Anyway, installing HAM or FAM could/should be an optional thing.

Currently, if I do:
# apt-get -s remove hildon-application-manager
it tells me it wants to delete:
dbbrowser
fiasco-image-update-ask
hildon-application-manager
kernel-power-flasher
kernel-power-settings
mobilehotspot
recovery-boot
u-boot-flasher

The problem is fiasco-image-update-ask (which kernel-power-flasher and u-boot-flasher require) as well as dbbrowser (why it depends on HAM escapes me, I think I'll remove it because of that..)

When I have time I'll see if I can fix/fake fiasco-image-update-ask (I don't want to lose u-boot or kernel-power) and do:

Code:
# dpkg -l | grep hildon-application-manager | awk '{ print $2 }' | xargs apt-get --purge remove
But before I do that I'll have a look at some stuff in /usr/libexec (ham-after-boot, ham-rescue.sh sound kinda scary)

OK, ham-rescue is run (if exists) from /etc/init.d/rcS. Looking at what it does I feel now 100% sure that I want to get rid of it.

Will report..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: