View Single Post
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Installed without a problem for me. Lots of both big and small changes.

My contacts now seem to be syncing images where they hadn't before. Now my People cover is actually showing images instead of names.

CalDAV support is there but I've tried all sorts of incantations to get the right server address and path for iCloud and either get blank calendar names and no events synced or I get no calendars recognised. Surely 'popular CalDAV providers' is missing the elephant in the room if no Apple iCloud support?

I've not tried ownCloud support for my other calendars.

Fast scrolling is enabled (finally). Flick rapidly and a scroll bar with top/bottom fast forward buttons appears. This seems to be system wide as it's working in third party apps too like Tweetian.

Maps got an update but I've not spotted anything major.

Folder support is there but seems a bit rushed with basic transitions, unrecognisable folder icons and a fiddly method of creating folders, especially as I found moving an icon over the folder made the folder jump up a row if it's the first in a row. Room for improvement.

The media player has some layout tweaks I think but still some way to go before it beats the N9 player.

IMAP accounts in Mail have icons that have been hit with the fugly stick. Green background?

Mail will warn you if the certificate mismatches or is untrusted and you can click 'Accept untrusted certificates' to go back to the old behaviour. It'd have been better if it told you what the certificate is and asked you to trust each on an individual basis rather than trusting all. Next update ?

Tapping on a notification icon in the lock screen gives you an idiot prompt to swipe up from the bottom to get notifications. I still think the notification screen should be on the left, like the N9, and the notification icon should take you to that section of the notification screen. ie. like it says it was going to be like at one point at https://sailfishos.org/core-events-article.html instead of the ambiance settings.

This seems like the first update that's really made a difference for me feature wise. An impressive update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post: