View Single Post
It's great to see another coding competition on the way! For category ideas have a look at the previous ones and you won't be too far away

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
you're aware that coding competitions are (despite Nieldk insinuating otherwise above) a council domain, and recent council is more than just at end of its term? Who's going to follow up on this competition thing in 2 weeks when extended nomination period ended?

/j (leaving councilor)
It's a good point, though I'd submit that the original coding competition was basically ran without council and could be again. For the follow up competitions, council's help was huge in terms of organizing voting and liaising with Nokia etc, and very appreciated, but in the first it was zehjotkah and myself setting up voting threads and looking after donations, working directly with Nokia just as a couple of basic members. And the community all pitched in with their ideas and support in all kinds of ways to help it cross the finish line.

So right - stable council would be great to run the competition, but there's no need to panic if council isn't sorted out - never underestimate the will power and determination of maemo.org community members to work together for a good cause and see things out

(joerg - not that you are underestimating, just saying in reply.. )

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2014-06-13 at 16:12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: