View Single Post
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
matter of fact, fine! but how is that related? Do you insinuate that this is a e.V. project and would stay such, even when the e.V. board would change? Or are you 3 guys volunteering to be that committee in charge that Nokiabot suggested?
That is what an e.V. is there for... especially ours is to support FOSS for mobilephones and the developer community attached to it primarily for maemo derived OSs but not limited.

In charge? It is more like who is responsible!

What is this about anyway? We are (trying) organizing a competition anyone could do. As I do not want that any of the prizes will be demanded or be in possession of a single person I want them to be handed to HiFo/MCe.V. in the first place. Who will take on organization of this competition when all of us get hit by a bus? I don't know but as the devices will never be ours, the volunteers after us must take care as the devices are donated specifically for competition purpose (if not stated otherwise by the donator).

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
creating a seperate commite for this coding competion can be way to go the commite can collect devices funds ideas working directly with community decisions .

just throwing some ideas
The proper way would be to form a committee with the Maemo Community e.V. (which is yet to be registered properly but we are talking about the future here in which the e.V. is properly registered and has a valid bank account and address) or HiFo, for now it does not really matter as long as the collected funds/devices are collected by a legal entity bound to maemo community. Forming a committee outside of HiFo or MCe.V. especially when collecting funds or devices has huge legal issues and I for one will not trust it with funds or devices as in the end the owner of all is a private person.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: