View Single Post
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Now that we're coming up to the 1 year anniversary of the Jolla device being out, just thought I'd create a topic to talk about the success of this venture.

I guess that success for this project can only be gauged by shipments. Has anyone got any numbers on shipments? I am in the UK, and I have yet to meet a single person with a Jolla in the wild. Looking at the Jolla store, the top apps have not been too heavily downloaded. Even if you take the top app, then double or triple that number, you still have a fairly low 5 figure number for active devices. From what I see online, there's a hardcare of folks on Twitter who are talking about Jolla, but it's not more than a few hundred people. The funny thing I've noticed is the number of Jolla employees who actually tweet using iphones, that certainly makes me wonder.

I don't wish to be disparaging. I love my Jolla, I use it as my daily driver, but from what I can see, the traction behind it just hasn't been great. At some point, this company will need to stand on its own two feet. If we're only selling a 5 digit number of devices, I don't think the company can do that. It seems to me that there just aren't enough people who care about a proper Linux-based OS.

Thoughts?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post: