View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
OK you're right. Lame excuse. Didn't want to just say that I'm a lazy spaniard. Oops.

Still, there's this small detail that I cannot quite solve. WTF does the council actually do?

I know, the question is (supposed to be) provocative. I have read the bylaws and related documents. Removing the Nokia-factor from the whole thing I don't quite see what *my* tasks would involve were I to candidate and get elected.

But hey, I'll anyway consider whether I actually want to candidate (there's still some time).
Just look at the threads and discussion from the previous councils over the years. Mostly you just participate in endless discussion about nothing...Grab a device or two for free and send one or two open letters to random people or organizations...Maybe create a diagram or two

Yeah, that pretty much it, I guess. No cocktail partys, red carpets, real appreciation or recognition. You are also almost always under attack from someone trying to know "stuff" better than you, doesn't really matter what you do

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-05 at 16:04.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: