View Single Post
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Looks like m wrong i though enlightment out of bodhi would be bloated i.e bodhi is tailored for enlightment
Hmm...this is somewhat true, though it depends on what you refer to as bloat.

Still, Bohdi is magic.

Btw m not taking systemd m taking about stability and to me that means smooth operation without hiccups and i faced a lot of problems with ubuntu 14.04 point update as using ubuntu since 12.04
Ah, noted. My bad, then.

May be a tad anedotal, but Ubuntu Tahr (and Unicorn) was buttery-smooth for me. The only things that happened for me with Tahr was flickering when booting up (nothing after though) and YouTube videos playing the sound, but not the video (which turned out to be that I didn't use the HTML5 player).

Unicorn, on the other hand, gave me 0 problems.

On a not-so-anecdotal topic, Arch, for a bleeding-edge distro, has yet to give me problems. I keep fishing for 'em, but they ain't bitin'.

mint is real nice but transition takes its time and has it quirks
I feel you. I mean, at the end of the day, the innards are still Ubuntu, but the Mint folks like to work their own sorcery with it.

i am just distrohopping now and man linux is huge too much choice ;(
opensuse and mint are in hitlist though for now
I guess Arch is out of the question

OpenSUSE vs. Mint is definitely an interesting choice. It's your decision at the end of the day, but here's why I'd go with OpenSUSE:

-if you don't like using the terminal, Mint has no equivalent to YaST for administrative tasks
-OpenSUSE has Fedora-level support; Mint does not
-since OpenSUSE isn't a fork, its documentation is rather straightforward and more uniform
-YaST2 is much faster than Mint's package manager

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tigerroast For This Useful Post: