View Single Post
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
N900 was/is never a smartphone(dumb users).
N900 was/is a MID (mobile Internet device) which is closer to a portable PC then a mobile phone and it's hardware (keyboard/stylus) is proof of this.

blah.. words...
Wow.

I honestly couldn't give anything that reminds of cares about semantics. "Mobile Internet device" and "Internet Tablet" (even though we can CLEARLY see that it isn't a bloody tablet by any standard) sound like marketing jargon to me.

I don't care what it's called. It's a phone. Has nearly the same dimensions of that Droid phone with a keyboard (name escapes me, it was released around the same time as the N900).

There's plenty of idiots running around with iPhones. That doesn't make the iPhone less of a smartphone, so I don't know what you're on about.

And how is having a keyboard making it any more like a PC? That's a real headscratcher. "Oh, it has a keyboard, and my PC has a keyboard. Therefore, it's more like my PC than other phones!" My phone having its own half-baked office suite doesn't make it more like my PC via lowest common denominator. That's stretching pretty far, Mr. Fantastic.

And the stylus bit...no. Anyone with common sense would at least strongly consider using a stylus with a resistive touch screen, on the grounds that the screen might be rather precise and the UI might just reflect that. That doesn't make it more like a PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerroast For This Useful Post: