View Single Post
Disaster strikes.

I was calling a friend when the battery died. It died surprisingly quickly, but that's to be expected when overclocking any mobile device. I decided to put it back on the charger for a few minutes, take it off, reboot, and put it back on the charger. I then called back and took the phone with me to make a sandwich.

It died again, and I really can't tell if it's taking the charge. The fact that the screen's on (dimly, but on nevertheless) while it's charging is disturbing me. The notification LED is also acting strangely. The screen will come on, and the LED will blink every 1.5s. After some time, the screen will turn off and the LED will go back to glowing until the screen comes back on.

I can't even boot the device. Presumably, the battery's completely drained. I'm going to disconnect the display while the phone charges just to make sure it's just the battery. After a while (give it 30min), I'll connect the display and try again.

I forgot who said it, but it's a very true statement (which I'm gonna badly butcher). "If you play with it long enough, it'll break."