View Single Post
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Hey guys,

I need a little help clearing up my confusion regarding Maemo repos.

Four repos come pre-installed in PR1.3, one of them is Extras. And we have to add Extras-testing and Extras-devel ourselves. Now the confusion is- the maemo.org catalog comes pre-installed and has fremantle-1.3 as its Distribution, while the additional two repos, I, as suggested by many posts, add fremantle as their Distribution.

How this lead to confusion is that I once looked up the repository.maemo.org and saw that the pool directory of all three catalogs had three fremantle distributions, fremantle, fremantle-1.2 and fremantle-1.3.

Because of this At one point, I had two catalogs of the Extras, one that comes pre-installed and has its Distribution set as fremantle-1.3, and second that I configured myself and had its Distribution set as fremantle.

Clearly, fremantle-1.3 is the latest PR and I have that installed on my device, and so that is the distribution I should use for all the three catalogs. So my question is, why then the wiki about repos says to add fremantle as the Distribution for Extras-testing and devel catalogs?

Please help me clear up my confusion by telling me the correct details to add about the three catalogs.
One more thing, does changing the Catalog name makes any difference or not, because every other post states a different Catalog name.

Thanks!

Long Live the N900! Long Live the Maemo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post: