View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Interesting,Tizen can run android apps...

http://www.tizenexperts.com/2015/01/...cl-technology/
OpenMobile? I didn't know they were still around...

This makes me appreciate even more that Jolla (and BlackBerry) chose Myriad' AlienDalvik instead of OpenMobile's ACL. As far as I know, besides dozens of promises (for N9 and others - I'm sure you can find articles all over), the only ACL they ever released was the one for HP Touchpad (after many delays and 1 year of working with another company that tried to finish it for them). I bought a copy from them and it was a big mistake - even if it was for free, wasting the time with installation wouldn't be worth it.
The worst technology of its kind. Period. Instead of fixing the product, they spent time trying to close the thing down (serial number registration etc.) which resulted in having the ACL broken and unable to launch any apps almost every month, thr only solution being new registration or re-installation. This was annoying once or twice, but then you realized that it is better broken, so you don't have have to be mad about malfunctioning apps and a keyboard that types one letter per second.
The only bright side was being able to run multiple apps at once, but restarts, freezes and various unexpected behavior made it completely unusable. Even thinking about using it again gives me chills, which explains this long rant.

tl;dr: OpenMobile? Never again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: