View Single Post
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Can anyone explain to me what is exciting about Tizen? I can't find one thing. As far as I know, it is not really that open and ditched Qt in favour of EFL. But I know that not everyone cares about that type of stuff, so more importantly, what's nice about it UX-wise? I haven't noticed anything that would make me say "oh, this is a nice thing, I'd like to try it". And no, I am not counting "we'll give you lots of free music if you start using it" as a feature of the system

I am under impression that the sole purpose of the system is to lure users from Android to Samsung's own ecosystem, without them noticing and therefore it is trying to look like as much as Android as possible. But Android isn't really that nice UX-wise in the first place.

So is there really any target audience besides the one that won't notice it's not Android?

EDIT: This is a serious question, not a rant about Tizen. I have been watching some videos of the system and couldn't find one interesting thing - I've been thinking of asking this question for a while now.

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-01-14 at 18:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post: