View Single Post
If I understand correctly, the OP mean some kind of BLUETOOTH CONNECTED stylus, that measures press sensitivity, thus ignoring one of the major drawbacks of capacitive screens (lack of pressure sensitivity measuring).

So, in conclusion, it makes crappy capacitive screens of marginally useful consuming-oriented devices, likeJpad Jolla Tablet or iPad, into something more suited for creating stuff.

As pichlo pointed out, drawing tablets (PC peripheral devices) were always using capacitive touch zone detection + styluses connected with cable/wireless to measure pressure sensitivity. So, in setup proposed by OP, we replace cable with bluetooth, and use the *pad as a peripheral device (drawing tablet) capacitive detection zone. Sounds doable.

The above is meant to clear the zillion confusions that appeared in this thread (or at least I hope so). By the way, all of this BT pens stuff wouldn't be needed, if Jolla wouldn't decide to do their tablet a device so similar to iPad (which makes the term Jpad not as unjustified as some are trying to insist), and opt on using resistive screen instead, which is both precise and can measure pressure sensitivity natively with *any* stylus, including the ones custom made for drawing (like CreativeTone uses in famous thread). Of course, N900 can do it for AGES.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: