Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] GoldenDict on Easy Debian
View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fbnccst View Post
Hi Folks, I tried installing goldendict on easy debian since the goldendict for fremantle is not usable for me (im on latest thumb), but it failed fetching last three files (i'm using qole's v3e image), so it couldnt be installed. the repository was multimedia.debian.org or something like that (the wiki said that the repository is not recommended anymore).
If your image isn't even "full squeeze" then you run a mix of Lenny and Squeeze. Problems with installing software should be expected. Lenny isn't even supported by Debian anymore.

debian-multimedia.org has been taken over by a ukranian motorcycle club. They seem to run some ftp server but it's access is restricted. I might be wrong but I suspect they don't qualify as a trustworthy Debian repo host.
Christian Marrilat moved his repo to deb-multimedia.org, but he doesn't have Lenny either. Goldendict isn't in dmo anyways.

Originally Posted by fbnccst View Post
I tried complete dist-upgrade to squeeze but my phone always restarted in the middle of upgrading even with the 'nice' command. Any workaround for that? Thank you.
I think when I did that I had to split the dist-upgrade into small chunks of roughly 50MB download volume to prevent random reboots. Maybe that works for you too.

Have you considered to start over with a more recent image? You can get fresh Wheezy and Jessie images from qole's site that don't carry any dead weight from dist-upgrades.
And Goldendict should work well. I once had it installed on a Wheezy image I think.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: