View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
a weird problem here starting day before tomorrow i used fcam extensively at a party and i realised blink on capture not working as i enabled it then also when i slid the keyboard to rename a few files the backlight was gone i rebooted no effect later on when i put it to wall charger charging led didnt glow i fear doom started to dig with some commands it didnt lit used led pattern editor it did not worked but now at least it blinked for a milisec faintly
then i thought of plugging it without battrey to my surprise it blinked yellow i put in battrey with charger connected and everything fine now the same problem again and i repet the procedure everything ok again
what the hell is going on ?
stock mce
cssu thumb
kp 53
all repos on
fcam is known to have a nasty bug of writing to LP5523 indicator/kbd-backlight controller chip directly via I2C and causing massive messup at times to the chips. AFAIK this never got fixed and only can recover from it by removing battery and unplugging charger for several minutes until LP5523 and possibly other chips on same I2C bus too finally reset to a sane state

BR
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: