View Single Post
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys,

Ok. I know this has been asked dozens of times before and I appreciate all the responses about why an SD card can and cannot be "seen" in the N900, which is my problem too. But after all my research and testing, I've come to realise that this is beyond the "missing magnet" problem. Something else is wrong, and it's most likely to do with the magnet sensor to say whether the back cover is on or off.
I've waved magnets behind the area for this, and nothing mmc related shows up in $lshal or $dmesg.

The camera cover is working, but not the SD card sensor.

What I want to know please, is how to create the /dev/mmcblk1p1 folder? I can see mmcblk0* though

Everytime I've tried to umount or mount or fdsk, etc the mmcblk1p1 folder, it keeps coming back with "no such file or directory".

Does that folder get created automatically by the kernel when it senses a memory card?

I've tried several mSD cards from 2gig to 16gig. All work and format fine as FAT32 in Windows XP and I am able to use them on the PC fine. But when I put them into the phone - I get nothing - nada.

Any ideas on how to force the kernel to ignore the magnetic sensor and just read the SD card regardless?

Thank you

Last edited by elcaito; 2015-09-04 at 00:57. Reason: Solved