View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mced View Post
Getting a new SIM is a real pain in the *** for me
Really? Here in the UK you can get a prepaid SIM card in any supermarket. Either with some credit included, for the price of that credit, or without credit for £1 or below. £1 does not seem too much for a quick test.

I'm remembering how my N900 started to break €10 SIM cards one after another, because of a irreparable bad contact (that was the main reason I bought my first Jolla, by the way).
I have never ever heard of a phone breaking a SIM card. I had one SIM card for 16 years, moved from one phone to another 8 times, and it is still going strong. My pet peeve is that damn Jolla decided to change the format "just because", making my SIM card incompatible.

Anyway, your case sounds like the problem is with your phone, not your SIM card. If it were mine, I would open it and try to fix it myself (it is most likely just a contact problem after all) but if you are not comfortable with that, send it to Jolla Care or take it to any random phone repair kiosk down the road.

Oh, and...

Originally Posted by mced View Post
Same issue here, what's exactly a "power-cycle"?
Turn off and on.

It is more than just a software reboot since it may involve different initialization for the hardware components.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: