View Single Post
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2015 @ FRANCE
Good evening,

I have to be cursed: again, I lost my message, but anyway:

good news about the N900, apparently the problem was that I bent the batteries's hooks while charging them with the alligator clips, I took a dissection needle and reformed the hooks on the batteries, the phone seems to work fine, I left the tape to prevent the battery from moving but everything is fine, even the charging (I'll be sure when I'll plug it while it's low battery)

I still have the digitizer problem (a lot of scrathes) so I'll order a brand new one and put it in so no scratches, no problem

The kernel problem seem to be because of the phone having been shut off while not prepared to, it says something like "your custom kernel settings can't be loaded because the phone [...]".

Now, I can get my hands back on it, I saw the new HAM, it's much better than when I only had the nokia repos, I don't find it slow or anything so I'll use it.

I tried to install cutetube but I'm apparently missing a dependency "libspeex1", it's recurrent as when I tried installing other programs, it did too. Do you have any tracks about those missing packages?

also I tried to update my phone, there are two programs that need to be updated: "Linux kernel for power user" and "linux kernel for power users (settings and overclock)" however when I tried to update, it said there is a conflict with u-boot, what are these apps for and should I keep them / how to solve the conflict ?

I'll continue to tinker a bit with it and after I'll reset the phone (everything: emmc, system, ...) then I'll make a durable configuration with saves and all.

I tried to install mumble (I had to add a repository (maemo.org's devel I belive)), however I'm having issues in HAM since , can't update properly, ham always charging stuff, apparently no repositories even though I should have some, ...
Any ideas ?

So, I belive the reflash time is close but I want to make more mistakes before reflashing (like installing some apps that are not really supported under Maemo but I need them)

I put the AZERTY keyboard in place of the QWERTY one, I'll have to exchange them, I'll also clean everything while the phone is taken apart.

@Nokiabot: I already tested the batteries, they are all fine (one is weak but that's not important).

I belive that's all for today
Thanks for your support