View Single Post
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Don't need an N900 week as I use mine daily. I have three N900s. One is spare has a peeling screen and I just keep it as back up. The second one also has a peeling screen name missing keys. Was using it as testing device but now its my one year old toddler phone. I use m player in terminal to play "Teletubbies" and I don't have to worry about him touching the screen and changing programs. I'm also comfortable knowing that if it drops not likely to be much damaged.

The third one is my regular device. It's my little pocket computer especially when I'm too lazy to get off my couch and work on my desktop. What I love is how I keep finding new things to do on the phone just by scouring the forums. Presently I use this phone:
Music player at work (connected to bluetooth speaker) in the operating theatre
Music player at home when listening in headphones either Beats by Dr or Seinheiisser. I have tested a multitude of phones but none of them can match the audio quality of the N900
Emergency remote when my toddler runs away with the TV/A receiver remote
Browser when lying in bed. So comfortable and adequate size
Qandora- a great Pandora music player with skips and no ads
Cute Tube -for YouTube videos... sometimes I'll watch YouTube in the browser just for the hell of it and remember when this used to be amazing! Youtube video in a browser on a phone!

Tweetian- for twitter. Nothing like a hardware keyboard for typing tweets fast!
Midnight commander :for when I want to arrange files on my desktop computer
SSH: I'm always ssh-ing to all my other devices including my N9 (nothing beats a hardware keyboard for typing fast
GEEPS: old but still a good Google maps client
KM PLAYER : for watching TV streams and onlinenstreams, I'm always surprised at the media it can play
XBMC remote: still works even for KODI..
Blue Maemo: always a life saver especially at work when I have an academic presentation

Then people ask me "why are u still carrying round this old phone..." I just laugh.

Never loved a phone so much before.

P.s: ironically I don't use it for phone calls or sms. Lol
p.s.s: am I the only who goes about reading old threads back in 2010 when this phone was fresh and everyone was amazed and asking questions?

Last edited by tcbl50; 2016-07-22 at 19:38. Reason: typos!!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post: