View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
So far my biggest complaint using the N900 this week is a combination of my mistake 4 years ago and AT&T's poor 2G service. When I moved back then, I got a new number local to this area with a nationwide MVNO. I could have specified that I wanted a SIM with either AT&T or T-Mobile service, and I didn't specify.

For the N9, this is no problem. It works equally well at 3G on either of those networks. AT&T, however, is GSM-only for the N900 due to the bands they use vs. the phone's support. So data is limited to EDGE at best. And on top of that AT&T is phasing out 2G service in the US, so coverage is getting increasingly spotty and voice service quality is getting worse where there is still service.

But it's still been fun using the beast this week. When I sit down to watch videos on the Kodi box, I pull the N900 out of my pocket and it can transmit IR to wake up the amplifier and TV set, and also control the media center over wifi. I don't need to hunt up all the necessary remotes to get everything going. And the Palm emulator gives me access to my all-time favorite shopping list program: Handyshopper.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: