View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, and they all ran Symbian.

You were complaining about "the same old Android sphere", not about "the same old rectangular slab sphere". So what is really your objection? That all phones run the same OS? Then you will have to apply that also to the age when they all ran Symbian. Or is it that all phones look the same? Then you must also include all those running Sailfish.
No, i was complaining about the lack of variation, innovation and diversity, within said 'android-sphere'.
As i said, hardware and software wise they are all almost the same.
They all run on the same chipset, have the same RAM, same camerasensor, either a metal unibody or glass and metal sandwichbody, and, for the most part, have no software optimizations that truly sets them apart.

Phones these days, have no soul.

Sailfish?
Sailfish is definetly playing in its own league.
Altough Jolla was quite nokia-ish, with its entry into the smartphonemarket, asd they released a OS that was different than its competitors and released a smartphone with a few neat ideas (TOH).
Siemens S55 -> Nokia 6210 -> Sony Erricson K750i -> HTC Hermes 300/MDA Vario 2 -> Nokia N78 -> Samsung Galaxy S1 -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Nokia N9 (cyan/16gb) -> Jolla 1 -> iPhone 5S -> Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 Pro -> Nokia N900² -> iPhone SE, gave up all hope.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N912 For This Useful Post: