View Single Post
The title is straight to the point. Seriously, TMO has become a joke. Can't even read tmo through TOR because satan himself will summon hell to everyone anonymously while he performs black magic in the 9th circle? TOR must be blocked otherwise the N900 will never become a freedom-loving device (wait a sec here, a deja vu, perhpas?) ? TMO must track users and sell data to google in order to earn some cash?

What's next, AMA with NSA representatives?

This site has become a goddamn honeypot, and I don't care what the administration says. If the repos are run by the same people that run the site, why not simply buy an android that does me the favour of admitting that it sells my data to google? Well, it seems the very TMO is doing it now, although "covertly", so I guess that a painful conclusion has come to me, this site ain't trustworthy anymore.

If the repos are run by the same people running TMO, I'm selling the phone. I don't want to go over the code of everything I want on the phone, and I would bet that some malicious code might even be coming along with running packages.

I don't care if I get banned for stepping on someone's fragile ego. I think this would just demonstrate how much of an athenian dictatorship this site has become. qwerty21 had just left as I first came in. RvrMcCathy (I think that was it) and TexRat were around those days. Everyone thought MeeGo would come. About ten years later, all I see is the graveyard of a corpse whose orchestrated death as a device that really worked (even though thoroughly saboutaged) made sure Intel didn't go linux, and paved way for the android bullcrap that flooded the market. Who would have said, qwerty21 had a very good point.

Now, could someone tell if the managers of TMO run the repos? If so, I think it's time to fork the hell off of TMO-related sites, and get a good privacy-loving site ourselves, because I'm afraid this place is rotten to the core.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post: