Thread: [SailfishOS] [Announce] Poor Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Version 0.27 available at OpenRepos.
  • Replace HSL geocoder and router with ones that use the new Digitransit API (adds geocoding for whole Finland, real-time routing and experimental routing for Waltti and whole Finland regions, #19)
  • Show route summary in the maneuver list page (#28)
  • Don't show time remaining in the navigation instruction block to avoid overlapping text

The HSL router (a.k.a. Reittiopas / Journey Planner) should work as before, although will in cases return slightly different alternatives due to being based on OpenTripPlanner now. The new router supports real-time information, i.e. will account for individual vehicles being late or early. Not all vehicles yet send real-time data, but coverage will improve with time. This router is the same as at beta.reittiopas.fi, so maybe beta quality, but seems to work fine.

In addition to HSL, Digitransit provides two other routers, one for Waltti region and one for whole Finland. These seem a bit experimental to me, but maybe will get better with time. The whole Finland routing should be about the same as beta.matka.fi. To my knowledge, there's no website for the Waltti router, but there's at least joensuu.digitransit.fi, which might be based on it.

Last edited by otsaloma; 2016-12-13 at 23:28.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post: