View Single Post
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Archlinux update fixes xwayland crash, but caused new and interesting problems which I don't yet understand well enough to ask good questions about. I suppose that's the downside of targeting rolling releases,

In the "good news" dept, I've made my scripts more generic. deskchroot.sh now requires some arguments: height, width, and session_start_command (startxfce4, startlxde, plasmashell, etc). This is a prerequisite for my upcoming convenient management app (not even pre-alpha yet. ETA 2 weeks, maybe more. Maybe lots more. ).

There will be a substantial update to my git repo tomorrow, hopefully including a new Arch-based release image, as well as scripts to generate your own (so you don't have to trust me, and so i can actually be in compliance with github's rules. ). I also plan to include a filesystem overlay which includes the comtents of /home/nemo, /root, and /usr/share/easychroot, so you can easily adapt my hacks to whatever distro you please.

One I release my preconfigured arch-based rootfs, I will cease answering questions about manjaro-arm and ask that you migrate. Due to the limited storage space on my Nexus 4, I can only quasi-officially support one guest distro at a time (unless y'all want to send me more hardware). I may need to switch distros again in the future, if library drift breaks things.

I ain't seen qole around in a while. I used the "easychroot" name because I was obviously attempting to re-implement his fantastic work on a broader scale, and wanted to give tribute. Since I'm not qole, and I'm targeting a much broader set of guest distros and host devices, I propose the name "VersaChroot". Your thoughts?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: