View Single Post
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
1 Can we have terminal inside the arch linux?
2 Can we rotate the screen? (I could not)
3 Can we turn of arch linux gracefully?

I turn of arch with killing process. I find process pid with command 'ps -ef | grep xw' and kill it with "kill -9 'PID'"

This does something to SFOS it goes on airplane mode even if button is not acitated. I just restart to fix this.
1. Yes. It usually works for me. Sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I don't know why.

2. No. In the research I've done, it seems the inability to rotate is a feature, not a bug. This was seemingly done to prevent applications from changing the screen resolution, and any bugs related to it are marked WONTFIX. xRandR has read-only access to the xwayland server. It can get display info, but can't actually Resize-and-Rotate.

3. I dunno. Your suggestion looks good to me. Usually, I just reboot or just close the window and terminal session, but leave everything mounted. I'll be looking into this, but it's pretty far down on my to-do list.

The airplane mode stuff is weird. It claims to be in airplane mode, but networking still works for me. This is likely a side-effect of impersonating the nemo user and setting XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/100000, which seems to be needed to make pulseaudio work.
You could create /run/user/100010 and use that instead. It should interfere with SFOS less, but probably no audio.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: