View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I don't think the missing directories in /home/nemo are not the real issue, they were already missing when I got xfce4 to start the other day.

Alright for the paths, then if there is no need to keep them as in Preflex's original file, I'll just use my altered script with the sd card path. However the same problem persists: I get these segmentation faults at the end and xrdb errors. I have no idea what they mean unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that. The only things that changed is that I untared the rootfs as root instead of nemo this time (and eventually did not have to fix uid 0 issues), and I fixed the typo in start_xwayland_user_shell.sh. Since you all said the .tar.gz should not be unpacked as nemo, I'm guessing you did it as root and got it working.

I am sshing no worries! You can see it in the terminal output I pasted above. Are you sure that starting xwayland and xfce cannot be started from ssh as well? I don't understand why it would be different, and in fact I'm almost sure I did it from ssh when I managed to get Arch and Xfce running correctly.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-08-04 at 14:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: