Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
  • In fact, everything is far too small. I had the phone stuck with a sucker on the windscreen and could just about see the map and icon with the next manoeuvre and the distance, but not much else. The current speed, for example, is microscopic, totally unreadable at a distance between the driver's seat and the windscreen.
  • I would prefer the ETA more visible, current speed much larger and included in the same area, and the blurb like "enter the roundabout and take the 4th exit" removed completely, but that might be only me. Perhaps making it configurable might be the way to go.
To give a rough idea what I was on about, here are a bunch of screenshots. This is just a first approximation, without current speed (I could not figure out how to fit it nratly) and without making it configurable, just what I bashed together in an hour or so. If people find it useful, I will try to spend a bit more time.

Before:
Name:  Screenshot_20180423_006.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  21.8 KB

After (it looks like I took the shot before the map fully rendered, sorry about that):
Name:  Screenshot_20180423_007.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  19.5 KB

After, once the navigation started:
Name:  Screenshot_20180423_004.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  20.3 KB

I am also attaching the patch file (rremove the txt extension) and the RPM if anyone is interested. Install manually and then enable or disable in Patchmanager. I am not uploading it in Warehouse just yet.
Attached Files
File Type: txt unified_diff.patch.txt (3.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: rpm harbour-whogo-maps-patch-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm (4.3 KB, 35 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: