Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry, rinigus, I am getting Pure Maps crashing (looks like OOM kills) all the time to the extent that using it is basically impossible. I have been playing with it all weekend including Monday (which was a public holiday here) and the upshot is, it is unusable in the field. I tried searching for a random (but valid) address and 4 times out of 5 I get a crash. When the search completes, it takes over a minute. About 1:15-1:20 is the average. I would expect searches to take a split second. Maybe a couple of seconds at most.

Sometimes, but not always, I get a better chance of success by searching for "Street Name" only, rather than "Street Name, Town", but then I get a long list of matches from which I have to choose.

And that was just the search. Following your reply above, I have tried navigation for the first time. Out of the 10 attempts, every single one ended with a crash.

It did not use to be like that. I used WhoGo extensively, but I think not since early July. It seems unlikely that these crashes are new in Pure Maps, it seems more likely that they are related to the OSM Scout Server updates.

Configuration:
  • Jolla 1
  • Maps: OSM Scout Car Day English
  • Search and Navigation: OSM Scout
  • Maps downloaded: Great Britain
  • Languages: en

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: