Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New Pure Maps release is out: 1.4.0

In this release I have worked on POIs. In short, you could bookmark, edit, and delete POIs as you please.

Showing POIs on a map has changed. Instead of bubbles with POI information, you have a dedicated panel that is shown if a POI is selected. There is also full POI view and ability to edit it, via the panel and its info button.

POIs are also wired into routing and nearby pages. When you type in your address/query, POIs are searched for and shown first. POIs can be also selected from a dedicated POI list in main menu. There, search will allow you to narrow down and find the POI you are after. I have not introduced any POI hierarchies into POI list (as some tree), you could just add your favorite tags into POI type or Additional info fields and search by them.

POIs can be either bookmarked or not. The latter ones are POIs created as a response to your search or adding them manually by pressing a map. Non-bookmarked POIs can be removed by "Clear" action in the main menu or when you want to see all latest search results (Show all in Search or Nearby). When using Clear from main menu, remorse timer is triggered, as expected for SFOS app (unless its a browser and you are closing all tabs by accident).

I have used POI icons from Maki icon set. Feel free to complain and discuss if its a reasonable choice. For cases, such as Show all in search, we need icons that would be able to show two POIs nearby - hence rather thin icon.

As for icons, we would probably need more contrast current location icons (with and without directions). For keeping it future proof, would be great to get them in SVG. Any artists?

I will start to look into the other issues now.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: