View Single Post
Originally Posted by cliffordjnr View Post
just some feedback. i read that you made the application for yourself so maybe ill hit a brick wall. regardless:
  • application takes an age to load items in the library if podcasts are updating
  • in library i personally dont like how both history and favourites stay on top and podcasts scroll underneath them. maybe an option to turn it off in the settings?
  • same for inbox i dont like visually how all the podcasts are listed horizontally across the top, i realise it might be useful if you have hundreds of podcasts but i think its too cluttered and ugly. would be nice for an option to turn it off
  • in inbox think the folder for archive looks out of place and might be better as a pull down
  • regarding notifications, insstead of a list on sailfish homepage, the newest found podcast just writes over the last one leaving only one result. seems pointless therefore to have it as a notification

other than those i really appreciate the application and your efforts. i use it a lot now. i just dont think its as clean a a nice jolla application, including gPodder.

Thanks again, Regards.
Oups I did not see this post. Let's see
  • Long time for updating. Yes this is a bug. I hope I fixed it for the next version 1.10 (just ignore failure of podcast refreshs by exception)
  • One single scrolling list in library: I am fighting with two different library entry types and when it works it is not fast enough for me. It is on my bug list. - [Update]: Solved in patch 0b0fb98b651e98df676efe3f66b4b6edf84e4204 - one list to scroll in the next release!
  • Unhappy with the horizontal list too. But I also want to have a searching by text. The whole thing is not finished yet.
  • Icons on top left (archive). I am not happy with that too. But UI rule: not more than three entries in pulley.
  • Notifications: I am not sure what I am doing there. If there are more than two posts in one refresh it is overwritten instead of listing it. Two left hands for me... Better would be RTFM. Give me some time...

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-12-27 at 18:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: