View Single Post
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Originally Posted by maemish
This tells you a bit of me, Maemish, one member of this community. I hope this gives perspective on what kind of guys are lurking here and sometimes asking questions. Starting to resemble my father to whom I always laughed when he tried to get the scary grey boxes on windows to disappear before reading what it said in them, and then he shouted to the stupid computer which jammed.

Today I tried to watch the latest maemo leste video. Downloaded it but it didn't work with N900. I was glad I was offered to download it in different form. I did but it didn't work either.

Next thing I notice is that each time when I'm about to close Opera it says there is incomplete download going on. What??? I'm not downloading anything anymore!!!! I close the Opera and open again and it says the same!!! What is downloading to my hacker device?!? Was it a corrupted video package, disguised as mp4 or something phishy embedded to the video? And I was so stupid to just download "something"!!!

Ok, I will empty the history and memory and everything from Opera. Same goes on! I use the cleaning app and autoclean and remove and purge everything which I don't understand what they do but I hope the best. Still saying something is downloadin!!!

Hah, I close the device and open it again!!! That should do it. Still doing it!!! But wait - maybe something is downloading to videos still. I go and check videoplayer and I see incomplete video there. I delete it and Open Opera. It just doesn't go away!!!

So I remove the Opera, use the cleaning app again, install Opera again - but as soon as I open Opera and notice it opens the recent pages (!!!) even though I had uninstalled it and cleaned and everything!!! I'm now sure there is some tunneling stuff going on on back and I don't know what to do.

At last I click the top bar on Opera. Downloads. Hmm. What's this? I cancel the incomplete download and - amazingly Opera doesn't anymore say "download incomplete"!!! Me and my hacker device, which I know how to use to surf web, take pictures, send both (!) sms and fmms and make phonecalls, are safe!!!!!!!

Phiuuu. That was a close one. But I mastered it!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a real hacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-03-16 at 20:34.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: