View Single Post
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
No problem and no need to say sorry Maybe I need to say sorry. What ever.

Could mean everything maybe not enough ram. Or it is some problem with qemu. Or some configure option or compiler flag when you compile the needed packages on arm. Maybe it is better to try it on a real pc first, to make sure that the approach has success. And when everything is working like you want, then try to get it running on the mobile.

Try also to make a apt-get dist-upgrade. So the right procedure would be.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
sudo apt-get install xfce4
reboot
So, turns out that I never had a network connection. I misunderstood some terminal output and thought I did ... I found this - https://ownyourbits.com/2017/02/06/r...network-access - which offered some hope, and followed all steps, including modding script to say NO_NETWORK=0 and IFACE=data0, as well as editing sudoers file... But, no luck.

edit - actually, now I seem to have connection - mu bin files referred to in sudoers were in sbin... I pinged the ip that showed up in
Code:
ip route ls
and got a normal response, so I guess connection is ok(?) Anyway, still segmentation fault error on apt-get update, even though connection is definitely there. I was able to download html of webpage with wget, but when I try to download any file, segmentation fault...

Last edited by levone1; 2019-04-08 at 02:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: