View Single Post
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Stupid question: can we port things like osso-notes to Leste even though it's closed source?
Your best shot is to reverse engineer it. We might be able to make fremantle-in-a-chroot work, but it's not a priority. Or a leste armel build, but there's a lot of things that might just not work.

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
hm...
interesting.

but could it handle GTKgep without blowing the n900 audio?

that is my only drawback to using Leste on n900 right away...
It looked too sketchy from the mention of audio not quite there yet.
I don't think it's easy to blow up the audio at all. And you can just use the HP instead of the speakers and then there is no chance to damage anything.

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Which device has currently the best support, droid 4 or n900? In other words, should I buy a droid4?
I think the N900 has the best support, but the Droid 4 is more likely to get working voice calls soon. The Droid 4 will be great once we have PowerVR working on there. Probably a few months out, though. You could also check out / wait for the pine64 phone.

Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
So, at a guess, we might get a Droid 4 version that can be used for phone calls/SMS first, but it might be without acceleration?
Also, does anyone know how practical it would be to support the Photon Q with ML (or PMOS) as I've not seen it mentioned, and it has slightly higher specs.?
Correct regaring Droid 4. N900 can also do SMS though, calls are just annoying with audio routing, but that too could work in the near future.

No idea on the Photon, but I think we have a lot of devices we have to worry about already, so I am not personally inclined to work on more, but you could try to make it work. Or help the postmarketOS people with packaging all of Maemo Leste - https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports/issues/234

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post: