View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
F(x)tec and Chen did communicate about alternate OSes and the work-in-progress community port for Sailfish. Communication on Android prevails, but I don't think this is surprising, nor is it a bad move from them to secure sales.

My Pro1 will run the Sailfish community port and, hopefully, if dual-boot is supported, a streamlined version of Android (not sure which, I know nothing about Android forks) to run applications that have no alternative (mainly neobanks*, parkings, smart home stuff) and that I cannot run without Alien Dalvik on a community Sailfish port. If triple-boot is possible, I'll definitely have Leste too and I would use either Sailfish or Leste as my main OS, not sure yet.

* I don't want to change banks because of my phone. I do regret, however, that these banks do not offer any alternatives and enforce the use of applications instead of websites. But if this was only a trend a few years ago, this has now become the rule, and neobanks are not the only example. This is bad.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-05-13 at 12:30.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: