Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
New release is out: 1.20.0
Thank you very much, rinigus! :-)

I have worked on voice prompt cache that should improve stability of voice prompts (less should be missing). Also, if you start navigation with voice prompts, there will be a message on start allowing you to get immediate feedback on whether sound is working as it should.
Good idea! The voice prompts in english at the moment, while text on display is the correct german translation.

Map center and position marker transitions are made smooth during navigation. Let's see if it causes any major issues in use (too slow hardware, too fast discharge of battery). Right now, you cannot toggle it on/off. If it works for all, we keep it just enabled and no extra toggle is needed.
I used PM 1.20.0 (in conjunction with OSMSS 1.13.1-1.107.1.jolla, because still on Oulanka) extensively within the last days. While the smooth transitions are somekind of irritating at first sight (hm, map doesn't move? - well, it does!) but nice at higher speeds, I had some glitches within cities (means: speed between 20 and 50 km/h, possible street canyons with weaker GPS-signal,...):

There was a higher amount of situations, where the position marker wasn't at the correct place, than with the previous version. Sometimes even the map wasn't centered correctly in time, leaving the position marker out of sight (no offense, just reporting)

In my opinion the smoother transitions therefore are really nice at higher speeds (looks some kind of classy), but seem to be tricky at lower speeds.

Maybe this is helpful...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post: