View Single Post
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2019 @ Sydney, Australia
Maemish: it's okay and thanks

endsormeans:

Ah, I didn't know there were specific subforums - by all means when a mod notices this thread they can relocate it wherever seems most appropriate.

And I changed the thread title too, thanks.

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Hildon is not an easy thing to implement on anything else other than our devices ..and running the os's properly....as well.

It is documented that even the attempt to bring hildon to gnome was long and very difficult and not entirely successful....though not entirely a failure either.
Back in the day I worked on implementation of Hildon into gnome ...and it was no small feat...on my own....Hildon is a right mess.
Always has been.
Wow, cool so you actually did the UI integration work. Nice.

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Currently if you wish to understand more of your issues and how to possibly (and I say that word in the most tentative fashion...since you may or may not get your issues sorted out ...) get them sorted...
I would suggest referring to the Maemo Leste work being done.
They are currently miles ahead of most every other attempt at working with Hildon ...that has been previously done.
If anything ...the Leste team may be able to help you answer a few questions ...
Very interesting, thanks for the pointer. I definitely didn't see Leste during my specific focus on "get Maemo working" and "emulate N8x0/N900". Glad I posted here.

What would be really really nice is if Leste has binary compatibility with original Maemo. Because I'm not going to be able to recompile Garnet

Thanks for the replies! I'll go say hello to the Leste team and see what happens from that. (Edit with thread URL pending...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i336_ For This Useful Post: