Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by racer8 View Post
hello Rinigus, do you have any plans on porting pure maps to ubuntu touch? It is a very polished mobile linux os, but the current navigation offering leaves alot to be desired..
@racer8: good question. I don't mind getting it running on UBPorts, I just lack info regarding it. As far as I heard, its also based on QML/Qt, but with UBPorts specific API.

In particular, I don't know whether UBPorts API based on QtControls2? If it is, it should be trivial to get it running. What about Kirigami? Currently, Pure Maps and OSM Scout Server support Silica, QtControls2, and Kirigami.

If you use some specific API, we would have to make new platform specific code. In practice, its not difficult, just would take some time. So, if you have someone who knows how to program under UBPort, I'll be able to help that person out and together it should be rather quick.

There are few other things that need to be ported, but I would expect it will be trivial as it is Linux.

Where could we get in touch that way that we can attract UBPorts developers? Looks like your mailing lists are pretty much dead.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: