View Single Post
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
If I would not be satisfied with N900 and if I would have enough money so that I could buy the phone without it to bankrupt me my main points to focus would be: Ability to use opensource linux Os with call/sms etc phone capabilities and an adjustable functions for the keyboard. Processor speed and ram I would not bother too much cause they will undoubtedly be enough (compared to N900). The same goes for the camera. I will probably wait either to get the phone from a dissappointed buyer (who probably has other focuses in mind when buying) for about 350-400Eur after a half a year or one year or then I'll just wait untill I get miracle money from somewhere. But hoping that Maemo Leste fullfills my needs (updated browser, more secure and updateable opensource software, easily usable maps, availability to use web based services) which are not too big hopes I believe. Change from an iPhone to N900 was a choice to shift focus to something else. But if there are people who have mainly used N900 for years then I understand the frustration they have had. But if one has newer phones already in use for living online life fully and to the extreme - I would not want to put pressure on Chen to fullfill those needs but to concentrate on the ones geeks really need. This opinion is a bit late

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: