View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I presume you use Linux as a PC, correct me if I am wrong. If you are Windows/Mac user, we will have to improvise.

I think phone does boot into full OS, with a tiny absence of GUI. So, let's try to get the logs.

- Boot it as you did. After led will be off, wait a bit to be sure that init has finished, and shut it down by pressing and holding power button. I expect that the led will become red and, if it does, release power button and let it shutdown normally.

- Get into fastboot mode as you were when flashing. Now, let's get into recovery. For that, run

fastboot boot hybris-recovery.img

in the folder with unzipped SFOS images (it should contain hybris-recovery.img). After the command, device will show that message regarding unlocked bootloader, then will go blank and after a bit of time (maybe upto minute), boot into recovery. Do not unplug USB, keep it connected to PC.

In recovery, it should show on the screen, in really small letters for you, that rndis connection is available. I would expect that it allocates itself address 10.42.66.66

On your PC, you should see some messages in dmesg regarding new network card. On my PC, I have to assign network address in this case by running as root:

ifconfig enp0s29f7u6 10.42.66.65 netmask 255.255.255.0

(enp0s29f7u6 is a network card from dmesg, keep an eye if its renaming it from ethX to something like I have; use the last name).
If all is fine up to here, you would be able to login into recovery by running on your PC

telnet 10.42.66.66

(address as in phone screen, that one is expected).

If telnet works, you will be greeted with a menu. Choose to go into the shell and, surprise, reluctantly accept breaking the warranty. Assuming that my log scripts worked, you will find all kind of logs under /rootfs/root (/rootfs should be a root partition mounted on recovery). We are mainly interested in ones with .shutdown. in them. Let's start with journal one.

How to get it over to me, that's a question. One option is to capture full telnet session by using "script" command on your PC (run telnet unser script). Its probably the simplest way and then just cat all the logs we are interested in.

Logs send me by email, just in case. In particular, we don't want to have your private IMEI numbers to be put out online. I presume you have my mail. If not, check out authors in pure maps repo.

I hope that it all works as I described and we don't have other surprises.

Good luck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: