Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by briest View Post
Is there a possibility/plan/whatever to use semi-transparent overlays? There are some map sources that show only one kind of information -- hillshade, light pollution, traffic; such maps are much less useful without "general" map background.
Yes, it is possible. Mapbox GL does allow you to combine data sources and render them accordingly. However, as always, there is a catch. Someone has to look into how to do it and implement corresponding map source description. Every time similar issue has been raised, it has failed to bring new developer/concerned user on board to make it happen.

In general, Pure Maps base (Poor Maps) was written in a way allowing to make new plugins easily. So, it does not have to be me to do that.

My personal plan is first to fix collectd bugs/"features" exposed by my SFOS port to XZ2/XZ3/XZ2c, maybe update SystemDataScope internals a bit, fix public transport import for OSM Scout Server, rewrite navigation in Pure Maps. This sprinkled with discovered need-to-be-fixed bugs, possibly required small adjustments for XZ2compact in SFOS port, and something else not expected now, will keep me busy for some time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: