Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
While navigating on the N307, it occurred to me that the distance to the next waypoint/instruction seems to the absolute distance, and not the actual distance left to drive. I've also seen the distance increase when exiting the highway on a cloverleaf interchange. Is it a bug? Intended feature? Hard to implement?

When driving in less familiar places, I tend to completely lose my bearing and my whereabouts, and thus become completely dependent on navigation alone. Especially in the dark or when overcast clouds. The compass helps a bit of course. A more zoomed-out map, with fixed north position, also helps but then you lose the overview of the next upcoming directions.

So, perhaps a split screen or picture-in-picture option is a way to improve this? One section zoomed-in, orientation follows driving direction, other section zoomed-out, fixed orientation, showing the start/end point. Or something. The Sony X10 with its 21:9 display would actually be ideal for once, I recon.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: