View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Yes, why not a N950 done right?

That's too hard isn't it?

Purchasing the molding data for the N9 body on eBay was far easier than purchasing the source code for Harmattan (Meamo in fact) and give us what I (we?) really want.

2 Phones to rule them all. One workhorse keyboard slider (resistive N900 Style display an upgrade option), one cute candybar for marketing take over reasons.
Both especially the first indestructible brics and serviceable to survive the next decade.
Then call it a day and focus on the software.

Running an up to date Harmattan with ALL the connectivity options that were present in Meamo 5 and left out in Harmattan on the orignal N9.

Besides the form factor (in today's perspective) there was nothing to love about the N9 Hardware.
A dummy lab phone frame is what I'd call it.
Just a cheap Poly-carbonate shape mold to hold together some basic set of component so show off software interface. Microsoft saw margin in this of course. Yes industrial, and somebody designed it hence the "compliment" industrial design.
It was boring, slippery, unpractical and had a low quality display. After going through great lenghts being early adapter sourcing one of the first 64GB N9 I got rid of it pretty soon even acknowledging that with the Android tiredness already setting in, the N9 with proper marketing would have ripped holes in that market.
"Nokia" cashing in on N9 nostalgia? Disgusting.
Not here, N9, it was never that good apart from the Harmattan OS software which they won't revive because hey, they don't have the leverage and besides offer us "pure android with security updates and some swipe moves (for 2-3 years then you can sort it out yourself)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: