View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
If I bought something today, SFOS on the Pro1 seems like the best option. However, having tried Sailfish once already, I am skeptical.

Can you sell me on it?

I haven't used it since version 1. I tried to download a virtual machine of version 3 so I could try it out, but that required running a binary and I stopped there. Why can't I just download a VM image or ISO to try?
To try out Sailfish OS in a Virtual Machine, you could try installing Sailfish OS application SDK. It requires Oracle VirtualBox version 4.1.18 or higher pre-installed on the host machine, see https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK .

I am currently trying to sell myself on it :-) Storeman is a touch confusing, I am sure that zypper (command-line) sees repositories and applications which Storeman (GUI) doesn't see. I am slowly trying to move things over from Nokia N900 to Fxtec Pro1 - such as, SIP accounts. Going well, so far!

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: