View Single Post
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Most impressive to me is that you can spot the hole even if you zoom out satellite maps to view of near full europe. It is the white dot south-west of my yellow marker location.

https://mosushi.de/misc/photocomp/Bi...2011-44-38.png

[ ... ]

Hello Elon, i can show you huge wastelands in germany where a giga factory would not hurt at all but cost for Tesla would be much higher and prestige much lower, deal?
Also, would you mind to guarantee to leave a recreational area once you decide to eventually close down?
(Sorry for trolling and border-lining politics still...)
I have relatives near the other white dots on the right side of Germany. If you go from your yellow marker straight east to the Polish border.

As you can see, there are three still active diggings (the big grey areas in my screen shot) and a lot of already "lake-a-fied" ones (the water in the middle is a dam on the river Spree). They have been made recreation area with artficial interconnections between the lakes.

And as for Tesla: The area chosen has been talked about 20 years ago with BMW for creating a factory. It has the Autobahn to the West, a freight storage and trans-shipment centre of two major food store chains to the South and a train line to the North. The tree were considered bad wood ready for cutting for some time. You could say, the protest is the usual "Mimimi" we Germans are known for
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post: