View Single Post
Hi, i'm a volunteer firefighter which is a pretty busy job right now with lots of alarms. I need help with having some kind of alarm sound on a phone running SFOS.
I also happen to have a Jolla Phone which i really like.
We have 2 means of alarms: An app running on Android or iOS and a bulky analogue device.
When i go out for work or jogging, i usually take only my phone with me. And i would prefer using my J1 and not one of my Android phones that i'd rather leave at home. I tried running the Android app on it for alarms but no luck getting it to work so far. So this is a dead end (the Android app is called aPager Pro if you need to know).
What i did manage to do is forwarding the messages by e-mail from the app to my J1 using an app called NotifyMe. The problem is: I get a lot of e-mails. So if i have to take my phone out every time i get an e-mail, i'm more or less unable to work.
So what i need is a solution that reads my mails (or just the sender as that would always be the same for the forwarded alarms) and plays a sound as loud as possible. But i'm way out of my depths here. Does anyone have any idea how to solve my problem?

Last edited by Veraendert; 2020-04-17 at 14:32. Reason: better title

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post: