View Single Post
Hello, thanks for the answers here!

so I thought about using n900 as "small comp" rather than a phone, I have an android phone for daily use (phone, messaging) I thought of n900 more of a compliment and tinkering device, that's why I would use this more as a secondary device.

I've read PostMarketOS about the stuff that they had. Sadly, PowerVR is not supported. Using Maemo with i3 would probably more sufficient with the help of the keyboard, so I thought it'll be a good reason to just change the wm (I use i3 on my laps) so maybe changing the bindings will help with the usage overall.

as a phone, i thought if it'll be possible to do some tinkering to send message using telegram-cli or signal-cli (though I don't know if JRE 7 is supported or not) or might be irssi (irc client) to do chats; also 2G connection is dead in my country, they migrate to 4G/LTE, some 3G connection still can be used, but maybe it'll also migrated in the future.

I see n900 more as a small terminal device in which you can do SSH and stuff to access anything else in a portable shape. I use my phone to do SSH and stuff to do some project (though since corona virus hit, it's my laptop doing the job), so I see it more as a companion secondary device.

If possible I would prolly bring my old flips (sharp Aquos SHF31) to do tethering or other services like whatsapp.

It might be differ between this site and maemo-leste? I was brought here from the small community I've found in reddit and discord. So I might be on the wrong track here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Outlawmacabre For This Useful Post: