View Single Post
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
speaking of Matrix, @cy8aer, is Bluepill still being developed?
It is. Actual development state: The python nio based engine works quite well now, including e2e, key verification and many events like typing, read events, and indefinitely scoll up...

For the architecture: the python engine nearly runs stand alone. Because it uses asyncio there are interfaces for the (or any!) gui to call methods and an open signalling system which fires events (in our case this is pyotherside). I am able to run the python engine just in an interactive python shell and on my laptop it is running for weeks now. There is a bucket based cache backend for running it offline. And it looks quite stable (I did not have any "hangings" like in the PoC). It may "sleep" for about 30 seconds but then gets every event which was fired when offline.

Now I need to glue it to the gui. Actual login/logout works, I am just implementing the room list dashboard. The whole thing is really complicated, I need to reimplement a mocking client for the gui but this can be developed on a virtual machine.

What I can say by now: When it is ready it is ways faster than the draft/PoC version that can be found on gitlab.

But please give me some more time... there are many things to do, like e.g. deleting events on the event view when we did read them...

You want to see the running python engine?

https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/bluepill/snippets/1948322

Last edited by cy8aer; 2020-07-03 at 21:14.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: