View Single Post
Hi everyone,

First off, I'd like to thank you all for maintaining this amazing resource and allowing me to learn more about how to bring my favourite old phone back to life. I've tried as much as I can to get this working, but I think I've hit a wall.

In short, I'm trying to install Emojifix on my N9 (RM-696, revision 1603; DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.299.1_PR_299). I can't enable developer mode until my repos are updated, N9repomirror 0.7.2 didn't work, and version 0.6.0 only cleared aegis.ssu-keyring-001.list - 299.list remains and I can't delete, modify or overwrite it on the device (access denied).

I tried repacking the N9repomirror .deb to clear the 299.list file, but the installation got interrupted. I also used the flasher on Ubuntu to try to find the root partition and delete the file, but it's not "seeing" any of the partitions. When I try mounting, it says "No such file or directory".

I'm starting to lose hope with this one, but thankful for the learning experience (I'm not an advanced user by any means) and that I haven't bricked my phone.

Any help or suggestions you can provide would make me infinitely grateful!

*** UPDATE ***

Fixed!

1. Flashed firmware from 299 to 480 (Switzerland)
2. Installed N9repomirror 0,7.2 without issue and activated developer mode
3. Disabled aegis using hack .deb
4. Used terminal to install 2 Emojifix .deb files via aegis-dpkg
5. Installed Harmoji to enable viewing of emojis

Thanks all for responding so quickly - it's a true testament to the strength of the community that I was able to figure out a solution within 24 hours of asking. Enjoy what's left of your summer!

Last edited by hungryforapples; 2020-08-11 at 18:35. Reason: Found a solution

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hungryforapples For This Useful Post: