View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Everything that comes from Japan is relatively often westernized. Whether it is video games or translations of Japanese literature, or even their beer.
I still don't know where this paternalism comes from, but even with Kirin Ichiban Premium Press we are not allowed to drink the original version from Japan. Because this Kirin is clearly made in Germany and brewed according to the German purity order.

And because the Free State of Bavaria in particular attaches great importance to this, the German bottler produces without the most important original ingredient, rice.

Behind the brewery is a prominent representative, the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan even. But it is not quite as dramatic as it reads.
It was important to the responsible persons from Japan that this special German version of the beer is strongly based on the original, taste wise.

I had the fortune to taste imported kirin a friend brought from japan and i must say Weihenstephan has succeeded in doing so by using a special selection of hops.
Kirin Ichiban is an incredibly palatable and refreshing Pils.
Optically, Kirin looks like a Pils, but tastes more like a lager when you drink it and sip it a few times later. The special thing about the finish is how mild the beer is with 5% alcohol volume. The scratchy aftertaste, inherent to many Pils, is completely absent with Kirin.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: